Ingredients: Servings: 2
- Large Sized Onions – 2 Nos (Red or White)
- Egg – 1 No (Beaten)
- Flour – 50 Grams
- Salt and Pepper – To Taste
- Bread Crumbs – 100 Grams (Panko)
- Groundnut Oil – For deep frying.
- Peel the onions, remove the sides and slice them into 1 cm thick rings.
- Separate the onion slices into rings and arrange them in a plate.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper powder in a bowl.
- Have your beaten egg in a bowl and the panko bread crumbs in another.
- Coat the onion rings in seasoned flour, dip them in beaten eggs and coat them with bread crumbs.
- Arrange them in a plate and heat up oil for deep frying.
- Once the oil is hot, deep fry the onion rings for about 10 seconds on each side and Voila.
Serve the onion rings along with a side of dips, we like them with Thai Sweet Chilli.
Note: Make sure the oil is not too hot and also keep a close eye on the onion rings they tend to cook real fast.